Tiny Tower (game)
From Tiny Tower Wiki
Tiny Tower is a freemium strategy game released by the two-brother game development team NimbleBit for Apple devices with iOS 3.0 or later. It was released on June 23, 2011 and was generally well-received, being promptly featured widely, including as Game of the Week twice by Apple, once for each device.
The goal of Tiny Tower is to upgrade a small building into a skyscraper, brimming with both residential and commercial establishments. To accomplish this, the player must manage the stock and Bitizens of potentially dozens of businesses and apartments, collecting the profits and the rent to further construction.
Strategic thinking, a sense of cost and time efficiency and a decent amount of commitment all come into play with this simple but highly addictive game.
- Released 1.0 on June 23, 2011.
- Updated to 1.0.1 on June 28, 2011.
- Featured as the iPhone Game of the Week by Apple on June 30, 2011.
- Updated to 1.1 on July 1, 2011.
- Featured as the iPad Game of the Week by Apple on July 3, 2011.
- Updated to 1.2 on July 19, 2011. Due to a number of bugs, the developers have encouraged players to wait until 1.2.1 to update.
- Updated to 1.2.1 on July 19, 2011 in order to fix bugs that were introduced in 1.2.
- Updated to 1.3 on August 11, 2011.
- Updated to 1.3.1 on August 16, 2011.
- Updated to 1.4 on September 12, 2011.
- Updated to 1.4.1 on September 15, 2011.
- Updated to 1.5 on November 18, 2011.
- Updated to 1.5.1 on November 23, 2011.
- Updated to 1.5.2 on March 22, 2012.
- Updated to 1.5.3 on May 1, 2012.
- Updated to 2.0 on July 26, 2012.
- Updated to 2.0.1 on August 6, 2012.
- Updated to 2.1.2 on November 7, 2012.
- Updated to 2.1.3 on November 29, 2012.
- Updated to 2.1.4 on December 28, 2012.
- Updated to 2.1.5 on January 31, 2013.
- Updated to 2.1.6 on February 15, 2013.
- Updated to 2.2 on April 26, 2013.
- Updated to 2.2.1 on May 6, 2013.
- Re-added costumes that were missing in last update.
- NEW FLOORS!
- New free bux offers on Get Bux screen.
- Notification icons at bottom of screen now stack to save space. Tap an icon multiple times to cycle through duplicates.
- Removed Valentine's Day theme.
- Tower scrolling optimizations.
- Valentine's Day Content!
- Fixed bug where multiple [VIP] icons would appear.
- Holiday decorations removed.
- NEW FLOORS!
- New floors:
- Holiday decorated tower
- Holiday events
- Holiday BitBook entries
- More Santas and Elves visiting your tower
Update to the game. Released on November 11, 2012.
- Fixed bugs
Update to the game. Released on August 6, 2012.
- Fixed bugs relating to VIP saving and viewing neighbors.
Major update to the game. Released on July 26, 2012.
- New floors!
- New costumes: 2.0 Costumes
- Ability to choose a specific floor to build for a fee in bux.
- Ability to save VIPs in your lobby for later use.
- Ability to tweet your floors, bitizens and BitBook posts on supported devices.
- Time travel "accidents", a random Bitizen will be lost when changing the time backwards on device
Update to the game. Released on May 1, 2012.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Not specified in the release notes, but the Cyber Cafe floor wall has changed from having a Space Invaders theme to a mouse pointer and binary numbers theme and the Nerd Cave Apts. background has changed to plain green.
Update to the game. Released on March 22, 2012.
- New floors!
- Re-enabled multiple music tracks.
- Various bug fixes.
Update to the game. Released on November 23, 2011.
- Fixed a bug in the way completed missions are saved.
Update to the game. Released on November 18, 2011.
- Missions! There are now missions for you to complete from the main menu! Complete them by collecting (via stocking) the required products from the floors in your tower.
- Gifting! You can now gift stock to friends through the floor focus menu (use the quick sell button)!
- Added star graphics for each floor to show the number of dream jobbers employed there.
- New floors!
- New costumes!
- Reworked sound code.
- In-game ads added.
- Fixed other minor issues.
Update to the game. Released on September 15, 2011.
- Fixed crashing on older devices
- Fixed occasional startup crash
- Reset button now visible on settings screen
Update to the game. Released on September 12, 2011.
- New floors!
- 32 new costumes!
- Share your tower on the web from the main menu!
- Added separate settings for sounds and music.
- Fixed bug causing a crash when viewing certain neighbors.
- Fixed a bug where Realtor VIP move-ins had the same dream job.
- Fixed a bug causing floors to paint themselves.
- Fixed a bug preventing shoes from changing color in dress up.
- Increased allowed length of custom floor names.
Update to the game. Released on August 16, 2011.
- Fixed a bug slowing sales while the app is open.
- Fixed a bug where Real Estate moved in bitizens all had the same dream job.
- Fixed a bug which hid speech bubbles behind tall costumes.
- Fixed a bug causing crashes when cycling through costume.
Update to the game. Released on August 11, 2011.
- Added a new elevator, the Infini-Lift Lightspeed, available for 499 Tower Bux.
- Added a Bitizen dressing menu with a back button. Redressing no longer costs Coins!
- Added Bitizen Costumes and Costume Shop.
- Added an external link to the BitBuilder, a webtool used to create bitizens with no in-game impact.
- Added upgrades to commercial floors for increasing stock.
- Added a new residential floor.
- Added demand percentage to Stats screen.
- Real Estate Agents now fill all empty bedrooms in a floor!
- Increased the dream job bonus to 2 Tower Bux!
- Fixed bug causing the game to crash when viewing neighbors with emoji characters in their name.
- Fixed bug causing music to play even when sounds are off.
Update to the game. Released on July 19, 2011.
- Fixed bugs introduced in 1.2.
- Increased chance for riders to tip Tower Bux.
- Added sorting to Bitizen list.
- Added ability to use numbers in floor names.
- Removed restocking confirmation.
- Removed notification for fully stocked Coin bonus.
Update to the game. Released on July 18, 2011.
Due to a number of bugs, the developers have encouraged players to wait until 1.2.1 to update.
- Rename your floors! You can now rename floors by tapping on the white box in each floor's menu screen.
- New VIP! The Real Estate Agent VIP will move a new bitizen into the apartment of your choice.
- 5 new businesses to discover: The BBQ Place, Recycling, Auto Dealer, Rock Climbing and Floral Studio.
- Tap the top of the screen to auto scroll to the top of your tower.
- Attempted to fix issue where floors are stuck in construction.
- Fixed some sound issues.
- Game is now saved more often.
- Improved Get Bux store connectivity.
- Game data now saved in un-encrypted device backups.
- Added warning to game reset.
- Reduced Dream Job reward to 1 Tower Bux.
Update to the game. Released on July 1, 2011.
- Fixed crash when dressing up bitizens.
- Fixed crash on loading on older devices.
- Fixed bug with Game Center achievement updating.
- Disabled certain features during tutorial.
- Scaled down names of neighbors to prevent overlap.
- Other small bug fixes.
Update to the game. Released on June 28, 2011.
- Fixed crash on resume bug.
- Fixed crash on load on older devices.
Original version of the game. Released on June 23, 2011.