From Tiny Tower Wiki
As with all business-oriented games, the player must manage money to further progress. In Tiny Tower, there are two kinds of currency: Coins and Tower Bux.
Coins are the basic currency and the root of the almost entire game, pictured as small golden rounds. Compared to Tower Bux, they come and go easily, and have a multitude of uses which constitute the majority of the game.
Coins are earned in the most mundane of ways, including:
- The sale of products at a commercial floor.
- The stocking of the last item in a commercial floor, as a bonus. (Total # Items / 20 Coins)
- The delivery of a Bitizens to their desired floor, by way of the elevator. (Floor # × 2 Coins)
- The collection of rent from Bitizens. ( 100 Coins / Bitizen / day)
Uses of Coins
And are used for just as basic transactions.
- To add a new (empty) story to the Tiny Tower.
- To stock products in a commercial floor.
- To randomize the clothing of Bitizens.
Tower Bux are pictured as small green dollar bills, with a bold "T" in the center. They are far more useful (but less common) than the regular Coins earned while playing the game.
Earning Tower Bux
Tower Bux are earned mostly in special events; the only on-demand way to obtain any is through the Get Bux option in the menu, where players can buy Tower Bux in denominations of 10, 100 or 1000 for the price of real currency.
Otherwise, Tower Bux are reliably granted for each of the following events:
- The birthday of a Bitizen. (1TB / Bitizen / day)
- The completion of a delivery or message to a Bitizen. (1TB)
- The addition of a new (empty) story to the Tiny Tower. (1TB)
- The employment of a Bitizen at his or her dream job. (2TB)
- One-time pop-up offers asking the player to perform an action such as Visit and Like" the Tiny Tower Facebook page. (1TB+)
- Random events on startup, such as "You have found 3 Tower Bux behind your couch cushion"
And randomly granted instead of coins for some cases of the following events:
- The delivery of a Bitizens to their desired floor, by way of the elevator, as a tip (~1 in 15 chance). (1TB)
- The stocking of the last item in a commercial Floors|floor, as a bonus (1 in 6 chance). (Fully Stocked!) (1TB)
Uses of Tower Bux
The in-game uses of Tower Bux are very much extra bonuses; unlike coins, the player need not concern him or herself at all with them to progress in the game.
In all cases, the amount of Tower Bux required is rounded up.
- To Hurry construction of any floor. (1TB / hour remaining)
- To Hurry stocking of products on commercial floors. (1TB / hour remaining)
- To Quick Sell or Gift products on commercial floors. (1TB / 600 unit remaining)
- Previous to the Version 1.5 update: To Quick Sell or Gift products on commercial floors. (1TB / 600 coin value remaining)
- To immediately move in a Bitizen at a vacant apartment. (1TB / Bitizen)
- To upgrade the elevator. (25, 75, 125, 499 TB)
- To buy paint to recolor a floor. (1TB / 100 buckets)
- To unlock costumes for[Bitizens through the redress panel. (3–5TB / Costume)
- To move a floor to a different position in the Tiny Tower. (1 TB)
- To exchange for coins at the Bank. (1, 5, 20, 50 TB)
- To upgrade commercial floors, increasing the maximum stock. (3TB / 75 items)